The purpose of the Gallatin Solid Waste Management District is:
- to provide constituents with cost efficient solid waste services;
- to provide for the balanced consideration and representation of the diverse views and issues regarding solid waste management;
- to advocate for the health, safety and welfare of the residents;
- to manage the processing, reclaiming, storing, transporting, or disposing of waste in ways that protect the ecology of lands in the District;
- to identify goals, policies and procedures that will aid local jurisdictions in meeting solid waste reduction and recycling goals.
Areas served by the GSWMD:
Amsterdam, Belgrade, Big Sky, Bozeman, Four Corners, Gallatin Gateway, Manhattan, Three Forks, and West Yellowstone (part of Hebgen/West Yellowstone Refuse District).