GSWMD is switching over to the winter schedules for both Logan Landfill and the Bozeman Convenience Site beginning Tuesday, November 1. Please note the changes below.
November 1 – April 31
Monday – Saturday: 7:30 AM – 4:30 AM
Bozeman Convenience Site
November 1 – March 31
Thursday – Saturday: 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
If you have any questions, please call 406-284-4029
You’re invited to our annual Customer Appreciation Barbecue!
WHERE: Logan Landfill at the administrative building
WHEN: Wednesday, September 28th from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
WHAT: Hot dogs, burgers, etc.
The Logan Landfill will be closed on Monday, 9/5 in honor of Labor Day. We will be open Saturday 9/3 regular hours (7am-4:30pm) and will reopen on Tuesday 9/6 at 7am.
Gallatin Solid Waste Management currently has two openings for the board and we invite you to help guide solid waste management in Gallatin County.
One (1) Belgrade Representative
One (1) Manhattan Representative
Three (3) years
Meet every fourth Wednesday of every month at 5:30 PM at Logan Landfill.
This board seats six members each serving a three year term plus a commissioner representation term that rotates annually. To view the board’s bylaws, click here (pdf). Board members support the mission of Gallatin Solid Waste Management District:
- Provide constituents with cost efficient solid waste services; to provide for the balanced consideration and representation of the diverse views and issues regarding solid waste management;
- Advocate for the healthy, safety and welfare of the residents;
- Manage the processing, reclaiming, storing, transporting, or disposing of waste in ways that protect the ecology of lands in the District;
- Identify goals, policies, and procedures that will aid local jurisdictions in meeting solid waste reduction and recycling goals.
How to Apply:
Follow the instructions on the Gallatin County website: http://gallatincomt.virtualtownhall.net/public_documents/gallatincomt_bboard/boardvacancies
The recycling site at the former K-Mart location on North 7th Avenue in Bozeman will be moving on or before June 1. Bins will be relocated to a new site at the Gallatin County Fairgrounds, accessible via Oak St on the Northeast side of the property.
Recycling sites nearest the K-Mart location include:
- Wal-Mart on North 7th Avenue
- Gallatin County Fairgrounds – via Oak St (coming June 1)
- Safeway at North 19th Ave and Main
Visit our Recycling page for a full list of recycling drop-off sites. If you have any questions you may contact us at 406-582-2493
The next board meeting for the Gallatin Solid Waste Management District will be held at Logan Landfill on Wednesday 5/25/16 at 5:30 PM. Click here for the meeting agenda.
Board meetings are held the 4th Wednesday of every month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings are open to the public, recorded, and available for review online. If you have any questions or would like to add an agenda item for the May meeting, call 406-284-4029